Monday, February 17, 2014

Money Monday: Thinking about starting a budget?

Making a budget can be a great way to help watch where your money goes and to make sure all of your bills get paid. I'm a big "list" and planner person. I love making lists for everything, from my to-do list, to my grocery list and a list of our monthly bills. So budget's are really fun for me to make.
 

I don't use worksheets to create my budget, I like to use a notebook and create it myself. My husband tells me I have a notebook hoarding problem, ok so maybe I do. I'm not as bad about buying new notebooks as I used to be but I still probably buy one a month or so. I like the feel of a new notebook and with how many lists I write they do come in handy! 

Anyways, back to the topic, budgets. I write mine out in a notebook. I write one monthly as expenses sometimes change month to month. I will say that we don't always follow it exactly but it does help us get all of our bills paid and to know how much extra money we have each month. 

Having problems with keeping track of your money? Need to start saving more money? create a budget! I promise you it will help! My husband nor myself are very good at saving money, so when I started budget for our family it helped us see where our money was being wasted and helped me figure out how to save easier.

I've decided that on Mondays I will write Money Mondays, which will be things about budgets, ways to earn extra money, Saving money, etc.. Next week I will show how I create my budget, what all I add into it and how i use my hoarding notebooks to create a very easy budget. 


No comments:

Post a Comment