Saturday, February 22, 2014

The start to being healthier and fit

My family and I are going on vacation in July to the beach. I am extremely excited, especially to watch my boys experience the beach and ocean for the first time. With all of that being said, I realized I needed to kick my butt and gear and start getting fit. Luckily, I've lost all of the weight I gained after giving birth to my son last May. I'd like to lose 10-15 more pounds. But my main goal is to tone tone tone! My tummy is still flabby from being pregnant. And don't get me started on my leg jiggles!

This was me last April, I was 37 weeks pregnant. I gained a total of 45 pounds and in the last 9 months since my son was born I've lost 50 pounds.



The first thing I'm attempting to do is to start eating healthier. I am a fan of junk foods and sweets and I know I won't be able to cut those out completely. But I want to only eat those foods in moderation. I am also cutting out sodas. Water and tea only for this girl!

The next thing I'm doing to help get fit is working out. I'm going to be doing yoga as well as the Shaun T's FOCUS T25 DVD Workout - Base Kit . I've tried Sean T programs in the past. I did insanity for 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant with Colton and I lost 5 pounds from just 2 weeks of that. I figured the T-25 would be perfect now since I don't have much time in the day to workout. 25 minutes, 5 days a week? I can totally do that!

I started both of these things on Tuesday of this week. I would like to post weekly if not a few times a week about my workout. That way I can look back at my progress but also to help others that are in the same shoes in me and would like to lose some more weight and get fit.

WEEK 1

Eating Healthy
I'm doing good so far on the no soda. I've had just water and raspberry tea. I've never been the biggest tea fan but lately it's becoming one of my favorite drinks.

Breakfast - My mother and law and I have been making healthy smoothies for breakfast the past couple days. We put 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup of Greek vanilla yogurt, and 1/2 a cup of grapefruit juice into them. They are delicious! I'm not a fan of Greek yogurt because I don't like how thick it is but you can't even notice it in theses smoothies.

Lunch - For lunch every day I've been eating cauliflower and some green pepper with ranch dip. I know the ranch dip isn't the healthiest but if I didn't use the ranch then I probably wouldn't eat very many vegetables. I had a sandwich one day, Some taquitos the past couple days with salsa ( I know, that one isn't very healthy), and a rice and sausage dish that I made up.

Dinner - We are living with my in-laws at the time being until we buy a house. I usually eat whatever my mother in law makes for dinner. This week we had pork ribs, pot roast, and ham and scalloped potatoes.

My goal for this next week is to cut down on my portions. I also would like to try out some different smoothie flavors!

Working out
From Tuesday to today (Saturday)  I worked out all but 1 day. Tuesday through Thursday I did T25 and then this morning I tried out some Pilates. The T25 workout comes with a schedule you are supposed to follow, with which workouts to do on which day. I am doing the workouts in order but I didn't do Monday- Friday. I'm going to do them when I can fit them in. There will be some nights I wont be able to workout. This last week, I missed Friday because my oldest son, Bryan, is sick. Things come up, but I'm glad I fit in so many workouts already.

I also have been doing crunches, squats and push ups every night before bed. This part is easy, only takes about 10 minutes.

I definitely feel motivated and I'm really hoping that motivation doesn't go away. You only live once, so live your live the way you envision it. My next fitness post I will post a picture of my body now so that I can compare them weekly.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to take this journey with me! The more people that do this together, the easier it is to keep each other motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment