Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Birthday Beauty Haul


Yesterday was my birthday, April 28th. I turned... just kidding! Don't you know us girls don't share our age. It's like a rule or something :-) Anyways, my husband and 2 little ones took me to dinner and out to do a little shopping. I decided I wanted to share my goodies here for others to see. Everything I got is affordable for any mommy.
( Excuse the quality of the pictures, my camera is on the fritz today so I had to use my Iphone camera.)

First stop was Sephora. I had received an email that a birthday treat was waiting for me at Sephora. When I walked into the store I felt weird just going up to the register asking for my free stuff without buying something. Well, I wasn't trying to buy any expensive makeup yesterday, and most of the products in Sephora is on the high end side. So instead I was being a creeper, hanging out by the register trying to find something in the smaller size products that they put for you to look at while your waiting in line.

I ended up deciding on the Soap and Glory, Hand Soap lotion. I've heard so many people talk about this problem but I didn't want to buy the big size product, since it was a little bit on the pricey side, until I had tried it out. I got this smaller size for $5.00 and let me tell you, it smells so good! I'm already loving it just by the smell.

 The birthday treat is from Makeup For Ever. There is a mini size mascara in there and a lipstick as well. The color of the lipstick isn't exactly my taste, but I'll give it a try. It's more of a fall color as it is a darker reddish.














After Sephora, and making my husband wait for me to creep the products, we headed over to Ulta. I love Ulta, it is definitely my favorite place to buy makeup and hair products at. They always seem to have some sort of sale or deal going on and you get free products a lot of the time when you checkout. Plus, they carry high end and lower end makeup and hair products. Nobody loses when they go to Ulta!

I saw a review for the Garnier blackhead eliminating scrub on YouTube the other day (sadly, I can't remember who recommended it). I have horrible black heads on my nose so I decided I'd give this a try since. Maybe I'll do a review on this product in a week or 2. The next product is the Garnier Fructis volumizing anti-humidity hairspray. I normally use the Big Sexy Hair hairspray but I only buy them when they are on sale. I decided to give this hairspray a try this time. The next product is the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. I love this stuff! I bought one on my last birthday and it lasted me about 6-8 months. This is the travel size one that is up by the registers.


I'm a pretty big fan of the Maybelline Baby Lip products. So when I saw this Baby Skin pore eraser I figured I should go ahead and give it a try. Plus it's mint green, and that's my color right now! The Revlon quad shadow is in "Sun Swept". These colors are so pretty! I am a neutral shades fan, mainly browns, when it comes to eye-shadows. Again, the mint sold me. Plus, I really like the light pink color. It'll go nicely with that brown in the crease and outer corner. The last product in the picture is the Revlon CC Cream. I have been wanting to try a CC cream since they came out several months again. I like BB creams and figured CC creams must be a little bit better. I'm wearing it today and so far it's doing a great job at hiding the redness on my face.




 These 3 products are all for the lips. The NYX butter lipsticks remind me of the Revlon Lip butters. They are very smooth and creamy. The color selection they have for these is amazing! I wanted more but decided to just start with 2, and if I enjoy these ones I will go back to try other colors out. The other lip product is Revlon Colorburst Lacquer balm. These are like there lip stain balms only with a nice glossy sheen to it. I wore this one today and really liked the color. It stuck to my lips good while leaving a very nice glossy finish. It wasn't sticky like a lot of lip glosses are.


This NYX Butter lipstick is in the color Lollies. It's a very pretty pinky peach. This is definitely my favorite color out of the 2 I bought. It's perfect for spring and summer!
This is Sugar Wafer. It's a nice nude shade. It has a little hint of peach to it which I like. I don't look to good with plain ole' nude colors as I'm fair skinned so they tend to wash me out.
 This Revlon stick is in Demure. It's
Like a champagne pink color. So
Pretty!







The last 2 products I purchased at Ulta were free! The first is the Calvin Klein CK One mascara. This was my birthday gift from them. It's a full sized product and a very nice product! I'm wearing it today and it made my lashes so long! The top of the wand decides weather you want longer lashes for the day or thicker lashes. You can twist the top and it changes the way the brush is set. I thought that was really neat. The other product I received for free was the It's a 10 miracle leave in conditioner. I love this stuff! I actually just bought a full size one a few weeks ago, so now I have this one to travel with which will be perfect!

Overall a very successful birthday and shopping trip. Especially since I got to spend it with the 3 wonderful men in my life (Hubby and the boys). Thanks for reading! I will be doing reviews over the next few weeks on some of these products, along with a makeup tutorial using these products.


No comments:

Post a Comment