Friday, June 6, 2014

First Impressions: NYX Butter Gloss

Hey guys! I have found a new favorite lip gloss. And it's not a high end brand, this one is very affordable! It's the NYX Butter Glosses. I've heard tons of You Tubers and Bloggers talking about these and decided to give them a try.




I have tried lip glosses from NYX in the past and wasn't very impressed so I was hesitant at first to try these. But am I glad that I gave NYX glosses another chance. The butter glosses are different then their regular lip glosses. These go on smooth and add a nice color tint to you lips. There is no stickiness to these suckers! It feels like your wearing lipstick only you get that pretty sheen to your lips from the butter part of it. 
The reason I don't like NYX regular lip glosses is because they are so sticky! Ladies, you know what I'm talking about... when your walking outside and a huge gust of wind grabs your hair and throws it in your face, all of the sudden it feels like your hair is glued to your lips. That sticky lip gloss you decided to wear for the day decided to eat your hair. Most annoying thing ever!
These glosses glide onto your lips like they were made for them. The color of the gloss is what shows up on your lips. I get so mad when I buy a lip gloss thinking it's going to show up as the color that it claims to be and when I put it on it's clear... (Cricket...cricket...cricket) if I wanted a clear lip gloss, I would buy a clear colored lip gloss.

OK, rant over about sticky messy non colored lip glosses. Onto, pretty smooth friendly lip glosses! The first color I have is Peaches and Cream. It's a nice pink color. I was scared at first that it might be too pink for me but it turned out to be just right.

 Swatched onto my "lovely" hand just for you!
 The next one I purchased is Apple Strudel. I love this one! I think it just might be me favorite of the 3 I own. It's a peachy pink color and is perfect for the summer. I love corals, peaches and corals for summer. So this one is right up my alley.

 The 3rd and final color I purchased is Creme Brulee. It is a pretty nude. I like that it has a pink undertone to it. When your as pale as me (ready for that summer tan to set in) nudes can wash you out and, if possible, make you even paler. When they have the nice pink added to it, it helps with the whole washing out making you look like your a vampire look.


Overall, my first impression of the NYX Butter Gloss is that I love them! Now I know and understand what all the fuss was about over these. I plan on buying more in the very near future. And I saw the sneak peak for June's Ipsy bag has one of these bad boys in their! Can't wait! 

Thanks for reading and I hope you all are having a fantastic Friday!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment