Thursday, June 26, 2014

OOTD: Pastels and Stripes

I've been wanting to find a pair of the perfect pastel pants for the longest time. I finally found them when we went Outlet shopping last month. These are a pretty blue pastel pair of Capri's. I bought them plus the shirt at Ann Taylor. 




Funny story behind Ann Taylor. I had never shopped their before and would always think of it as clothing for older women. Well, I decided to stop in when we were at the outlets because I wasn't having much luck finding any clothes I wanted. I found quite a bit of clothes that I really liked. They had a petite side and a regular side. I had never tried anything in petite but decided I would to see how it fit me. (I'm 5'2", I know I'm a shorty). So i tried on all the outfits I picked out and loved them all. As I was buying my clothes my husband decided to point out to me, "You are the youngest one in this store". But you know what? Even if I was I still enjoy the clothes I found. It may be a store for a Little bit older women than me but let's face it, I'm not getting any younger!

Anyways, enough of my rambling on. I tried this striped top on with the pants and fell in love with the whole outfit. 


The top is grey and white striped. The white is a see through mesh which is fun and the grey is a very soft material. I wear a white tank top underneath this. I really like that this top is part mesh, I think it adds something to it and spices it up a bit! 


Pants: Ann Taylor
Shirt: Ann Taylor
Tank Top: Target
Shoes: Walmart 
Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I didn't get a picture showing my feet and the length of the pants. The pants aren't super short Capri's but they do come up around the bottom of my calf. I wore some plain flip flops with this. I'm a flip flop girl in the summer. If I'm not in wedges then most of the time it's flip flops all the way!

What's your favorite type of shoe to wear in the summer? Thanks for reading!

13 comments:

  1. This is cute! I would have never thought the pair the two(I'm fashion-challenged), but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I wasn't sure how it would look together until I had it on but I love the combo!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Love the pastel and the stripes! Thanks for stopping by the blog hop and linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Who know pastels and stripes went together so well?

      Delete
  4. I love Ann Taylor, especially the outlet! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm recently back in the blogging world and it's great to meet other bloggers!

    Lara
    cookiescardioandclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the outlet is the best! I was surprised at how cute their clothes were and their jewelry! Welcome back to the blogging world!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE the color of those pants! What a great find! I have been on that same search for quite some time! Glad you found such an awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to find a good pair of pastel pants! Good luck on your search for some!

      Delete
  6. Just found your blog from the cupcakes and crossbones link up! Excited to be following along on bloglovin and GFC now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the follow! Followed you back :-) I like your blog!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Same here! I think Stripes are my favorite pattern.

      Delete