Monday, June 16, 2014

Organizing Monday's: Family Vacation Prep Series #1

Summer is almost here and one of the best things about summer is taking a vacation. This year my family and I are taking a week vacation to the beach at the end of July. We have 6 weeks until we leave and I like to start preparing early.


The first thing I like to do before a vacation is make a list of clothes we need to purchase for our boys, my husband and myself. This helps me figure out what stores I need to go to and also gives me a chance to look through what summer clothes we already have. Plus, what better excuse than to go shopping for vacation!

Both of my boys needed all new summer clothes since they are both in different sizes since last summer. My oldest was a 2T last summer and is now a 3T. My youngest was 0-3 months last year and can now fit into 12-18 months. Lucky for me Colton had his birthday last month and got a good amount of clothes as presents so he didn't need much. My husband and I both have a good amount of summer clothes as well but it's always nice to get a few new things.

Once this list is complete I decide when to go shopping! Shopping is my hobby... can that count as a hobby? Some would say I have an addiction to clothes, shoes, and makeup (some being my husband) but I'd say it's a hobby and I have a nice collection of those things. Ok, Ok, My name is Becca and I'm a shopaholic. There, I said it.

We decided to go to the outlet mall over Memorial day weekend to buy the clothing items we needed. They had some great sales because of the holiday and we got quite a bit of stuff for a good price. We got the rest of the clothes our boys needed including, swimsuits, a few outfits for my littlest monster and a couple pairs of shorts for my oldest monster.

Tips for vacation clothes shopping

1. Try to plan your shopping over a holiday weekend. Yes, this means it will probably be very busy at the malls and shops but you get the best deals those days. Memorial day and 4th of July are the best weekends to shop during the summer. Hit up your local mall, or if you're close enough to an outlet mall I would suggest going there since clothes are already discounted.

2. Make a list of the items you are looking for. This doesn't mean you can't get things that aren't on your list but it will help you focus on those specific items your looking for.

3. Set a budget for how much you want to spend and use cash to pay for these things. Once you figure out how much money you would like to spend on summer/vacation clothes, pull out the cash for it. That way when your shopping you'll be more mindful of how much money you have spent and what's left.

I hope this helps you in the start of planning your family summer vacation. Where are you going on vacation this summer?

Thanks for reading and I'll be back tomorrow with another post!

XOXO



2 comments:

  1. Becca,
    Yes shopping is definitely a hobby and a GREAT one at that. Great article. Where are you going for vacation?

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were going to Virginia Beach :-) Pretty excited!

      Delete