Monday, June 2, 2014

Organizing Monday's




I originally was planning on writing my Monday posts about budgeting. However, I feel that organization can go along with budgeting hand in hand. You can't budget very well without some good organization with your bills, paperwork, etc.. So Monday's will now be about organization, budgeting, savings, and debt.



For my first Organizing Monday's post, I want to post about my lists that I create. I am a huge list person and my husband loves to make fun of me for it. He thinks it's silly , but it helps me keep track of things and helps me get the things done that I need to. I create to-do lists, grocery lists, packing lists for vacations, lists of blog posts I want to create, etc..

My goal (sadly I don't do this every day) is to create a to-do list every night for the following day. When I do follow through with this I find that it helps me get everything done for that day without forgetting things here and there. I simply write down each task on a seperate line of my notepad and once completed I will check it off.

I know that grocery lists are definetly a popular list, as most people tend to do this. Going into the grocery store with a list ready of all the products you want to buy helps you stay focused and not over spend on a bunch of random food items that you don't necessarily need. I will create this list a day or 2 before I go to the store. That way I can add on to it or take things off if I realize what I need. I start by creating a menu plan for the week. Once I check my pantry and fridge to see what ingredients I already have, I'll begin my list. I also think about what I want my boys and I to have for breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday. I will put the items on there for my husbands lunch as well. Saturdays and Sunday I don't play breakfast and lunch since my husband is off. We will either make those meals at home together or go out for 1 or 2 of them to spend time together.

I think one of my favorite types of lists to make are packing lists. I make one for myself, my husband (against his will) and both of my boys. Plus I will make a packing list for the car. This summer we will be going on a vacation for 1 week to the beach. We aren't going for another 3 months but I have already started my lists for it. I also included a list of snacks I want to make and bring on the trip, and items of clothes that I want to buy for each member of the family.

I don't know about you, but these lists help me stay relaxed and not stressed about day to day things. If I have things planned out, I tend to stay a lot more organized throughout the day.

I am a notebook hoarder, and I keep these lists inside of my notebooks. However, I recently purchased some different types of notepads out of the dollar section at Target. I am in love with them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment