Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Toddler Talk: Temper Tantrums

Hey guys! Have you ever had your toddler throw himself on the ground in a fit, kicking and screaming for minutes and minutes when it really seems like its been hours? Of course you have, your a parent to a toddler! They don't understand how to control their emotions when they're mad or upset. But even with all of those fits and screaming you still love them unconditionally.




Both of my boys are pros at throwing temper tantrums, yes even my 1 year old is a champion at this. They don't get the toy they want, they don't get the lunch they wanted even though you asked them what they wanted for lunch (those little ones know how to change their minds at the drop of a hat), or they get mad because you wont let them climb on top of the dining room table. These are just a few examples of why my babies throw fits.

It can be hard to deal with if your day is full of tantrum after tantrum. Weather it's both boys at once or one after the other, they like to gang up on me when they do this. They must have some secret code that they share for when it's time to get mad. Maybe a nod or some baby language that only they understand.

Even on the days where it seems like everything is making them mad, I can't help but stare at them and think "how did I get so lucky." I mean it, how did I get so lucky to have 2 perfectly healthy boys that love me so much even when I don't give into the fits? Being a parent can be so tough sometimes but the rewards of parenting outweigh the bad in so many ways.

I love every part of my children, including those moments when they turn into a monster tantrum thrower. I wouldn't have it any other way. I know one day these tantrums will go away and they will grow into lovely young men and I'll look back and say that I miss these days. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy watching my boys grow.

*Linkd up at Joydare *




2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Yes, I am lucky to have Baby Boy, even with his tantrums. I needed to be reminded that even in those moments I'm still lucky. Thanks! :)

    Stopping by from Capture Your Journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha your welcome! They really are amazing, tantrums and all!

      Delete