Thursday, July 17, 2014

Office Attire

I used to work at a bank and had to dress professional everyday. The dress code called for business casual, which means we didn't have to wear blazers every day or dress suits (unless we wanted to). This made it fun to try out different styles of outfits that were professional but not over the top.

I only wore this pencil skirt once before I got pregnant and couldn't fit into it anymore, but now that I have lost the baby weight I can wear it once again. I love that there is different ways to dress up a pencil skirt. I went with a basic look today just to show you that you don't need much to make a pencil skirt look put together and professional.



I wore the skirt with a white tank top tucked into it and a black cardigan thrown over it. I added on a long necklace with some charms on the end and put my hair into a low side ponytail. I curled my hair before this which gives it more of a put together look rather than looking like a little girl with my ponytail cocked to the side.

Skirt: Ross
Tank Top: Target
Cardigan: Target
Necklace: American Eagle
Heels: Kohl's

Thanks for reading!

XOXO

6 comments:

  1. You are right, pencil skirts can be very versatile. It's probably one piece that every woman should have in their closet.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute skirt and great length! I'm back in banking after a few years away and I swear this office is so much more porfessional than my previous. I need to dust off some of my professional wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good luck being back in banking. I hope to return soon myself!

      Delete
  3. I love pencil skirts and this one is perfect on you!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete