Friday, July 11, 2014

Summer Bucket List

I realize that summer has already begun and I'm a little behind on posting my summer bucket list, but here it is anyways. Summer is not my favorite season, however, I still enjoy being able to go outside without bundling up in winter armor. Plus, my kids love playing outside and the best time for that is the summer. Sure, the heat can get crazy and the humidity makes my hair frizz out and look like I'm playing dress up as a clown, but nothing beats a summer BBQ, swimming, fairs and the smell of fresh cut grass.


(Photo taken by myself at Watkins Glen, NY)

Here is my list of things I want to do during the summer. Some of these things I may have already done and others will be done during my vacation at the end of this month. Either way, I will get them done!



1. Go Swimming - We have gone once so far and plan on going again this weekend. We are attempting to teach or 3 year old how to swim, we have not been successful yet as he thought there were snakes in the pool last week. Oh the imagination of a 3 year old.

2. Go Putt Putt Golfing - Hoping to accomplish this on Vacation.

3. Go to one of the county fairs - Hopefully going to one right before vacation. Foods at fairs is my weakness. Fried Oreos, Ribbon Fries, Corn dogs.... yum!

4. Go to the beach - This one will be done on vacation. We are staying right on the boardwalk next to the beach!

5. Go fishing - I haven't been fishing since I was a little girl, and I'd love to see my boys go fishing for the first time.

6. Do more crafts - We've done a couple crafts so far this summer but I want to try to make it halfway through my craft board on Pinterest!

7. Have a date night with my husband - I honestly can't remember the last time my husband and I had a date night. I know, that's awful! It's so hard to get away without the kids sometimes and I think we tend to put it on the back burner. I think it's time to start going on dates at least once a month. I'd love to go to a restaurant where we can sit outside and just enjoy each others company and relax while stuffing our faces with yummy foods.

8. Buy our first house - It's exciting, scary and nerve racking just thinking about buying our first house. I can't wait though, and we plan on looking for one once we get home from Vacation in the first week of August. I think looking for the house is one of the fun parts!

9. Get a tan - O.K., So I'm kind of cheating on this one. I decided to get a tanning membership at the end of June. Now hear me out! If I try to tan outside, I burn. I wanted to build up a tan gradually so that when we go to the beach I wont be miserably burned the whole time. And it's working! I'm starting to see the difference.

10. Have fun - I have had some pretty bad anxiety lately. I want to let loose of all my worries and stresses and just have fun. Life is too short to be constantly worried about the bad things that can happen.

I hope everyone else is having a great summer so far! What's on your bucket list this summer? Have you completed any of it yet?

As always, thanks for reading!

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. What a great summer plan! Every year I think back to what we did and I always wish we'd taken advantage of it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, summer always seems to just sneak by and then once it's over I always am mad I didn't do more.

      Delete
  2. I love that you have a bucket list for the summer. I think I should try one and actually see if I can do some of things on the list.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! I'm a list girl so it's always nice to check things off once I do them. :-)

      Delete