Thursday, July 24, 2014

Wearing a Scarf in the Summer

Morning all and sorry for the missing post yesterday. We've been so busy with getting ready for vacation that I ended up not being home all day. Today I bring you an outfit that I like to wear during summer time. I think scarves may be my favorite accessory. It's funny because when scarves first became popular to wear a few years ago I hated the trend. I don't know why but I just didn't like the look that was created when people wore scarves. I think maybe it's because that was back when I wore a lot of Hollister and American Eagle t-shirts instead of actually dressing more girly.



Now I love scarves. Which makes me sad in the summer time because it can be too warm to wear scarves a lot of the time. I recently purchased two infinity scarves off of Jane.com. Both are a chevron print, this one is pink and white and my other one is grey, black, and white. They are super light weight, perfect for spring and summer!


Jeans: Aeropostale
Tank Top: Target
Scarf: Jane.com
Shoes: Zulily

I paired the scarf with a pair of skinny jeans and a plain white tank top. Wearing a scarf with a tank top helps keep you cool and casual but adds a little something to your outfit. I wore my striped flats along with this outfit.

Do you try to wear a scarf during the summer months? How do you wear it? Thanks for reading!

XOXO




1 comment:

  1. Becca,
    I have never really thought about wearing a scarf in the summer. I think might give it a try with a tank top and see how I feel. I live in San Diego and in the evenings the temperature can become a little chilly, so might need to pull out a scarf and see how it works.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete