Monday, August 11, 2014

Makeup by One Direction Review and Tutorial

Hey guys! I'm back with another makeup tutorial today and wanted to share with you how I did my makeup with the One Direction Limited Edition Makeup Tin. I received this product in the mail while I was on vacation and was excited to come home to it! The tin that I received is the "Take me Home" Collection. The other two tins offered are "Midnight Memories" and "Up All Night" collections. Each tin comes with an eye shadow palette, chubby eye/body crayon, mascara, lipstick, lip gloss, nail polish and a set of stencils to decorate your tin how you want it to look.


The tin came with a card to explain the other collections available.







This is what the inside looks like. All of the makeup is nicely placed on the right side and on the left side it gives you a few tips and different ways to wear the makeup that is included. I thought this was a neat idea, especially since this makeup collection is perfect for young teenage girls. It helps them learn the right ways to apply their makeup.

I really like the colors in this eye shadow palette. The collection I received was filled with neutral colors. These shadows are very pigmented. I wore this all day yesterday and by the end of the day the shadows were still on my eyes. Some of them look a bit glittery but on the eye that don't come off very sparkly which I like.

On the back of the palette it tells you the names of all the eye shadows.

This is the chubby crayon. It says that you can use this for eyeshadow, eyeliner or as a body crayon. It is a nice brown rich color and it stays on very well. I will be using this as a cream shadow and an eyeliner.


At first glance I was a bit nervous about these lip colors. The pink lipstick looks hot pink in the lipstick holder but once it's on your lips it's more of a sheer pink and very pretty. The lip gloss, even when swatched on my hand, looked orange and extremely shimmery. I'm not a fan of either of those but I decided to try it on over the lipstick and they go together very nicely.

I really liked this mascara. It's called "Little Black Dress Mascara". It is perfect for those days you want a simple look for running errand or just hanging around the house.

I haven't tried the nail polish yet because I have acrylics on from vacation, but once I pull these off I want to try this over a white or a blue/green color. It is very pretty for a top coat and I'm excited to see how well it stays on my nails.


The last product in the collection are these stencils. To be honest, I won't be using these at all. I may keep them for my boys to use to decorate some of their things. This product is what sets this tin more into the young teen category for me. It is a very cool idea but not something I see many adults using.



Here is the look I came up with from the makeup in this tin.

For eye shadows I used Back for You as the all over lid color and even used it as the highlight under my brow bone. Then I took Change My Mind and put this on the lid as well. I used C'mon C'mon as the crease and outer corner color and also along the bottom of my eye as an eyeliner. I took the chubby stuck and lined the top eyelids with it, however it was a bit too thick to use as the liner. I used two coats of the mascara and put both lip products on my lips. I like the look that it all created. It's a very simple and easy look.

Overall, I think this collection offers a lot of great products. Again, I think it's aimed more toward young teens but I will be using the majority of these products again for myself.

Interested in your own palette? Check out the Makeup by One Direction Facebook page for updates on this product.

US RELEASE DATES:
Macy's - August 11th
Stage Stores – August 25th
Dillards – August 25th
Beauty Brands – August 25th
Lord and Taylor - August 25th

This tin is affordable for every girl to get the One Direction look she wants.

Thanks for reading! What band would you like to see a makeup collection from?

XOXO

*This is a sponsored post. I was sent this product for review. All opinions and makeup looks are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment