Hey guys! I'm back today with another Tasty Tuesday post. Today's recipe is one of my favorites! My family and I are big fans of tacos. But sometimes it's nice to make your taco's a little differently to add variety. I found this recipe for a taco ring in a Pampered Chef recipe book and have changed it a little to make it more my own and what my family likes.
1 pound ground beef
1 taco seasoning mix
2 packages of crescents
2. Once your beef is cooked all the way add your taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water (or what the amount on your taco seasoning says.)
3. Stir the seasoning and beef together and let simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Open up both packages of crescents. I use a stone wear round pan from Pampered Chef but I'm sure any regular round pan would work but the cooking time may be a bit different.
Anybody else scared to open these!?!? I usually make my husband do it but he wasn't home this time. I hate the unexpected of when it's going to just POP open and surprise you!
5. Arrange crescents in a circle with the widest part of the crescent in the middle. All the pieces should overlap. It should look like the picture below.
6. Place your ground beef on the width end of the crescents, all the way around the ring. After placing the ground beef sprinkle cheese on top of it. I only put cheese on half of the ring because I don't eat it.
7.Fold the smaller end of the crescents inwards to the middle of the ring. Tuck into the ring.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. As you can see I already cut into my ring after it was cooked (My children thought they were starving so I had to feed them fast!)
And there you have it! Add whatever taco toppings you like to it. I put sour cream, tomatoes and salsa on top of mine!
We also have a side of Spanish rice and chips and salsa.
My Girlish Whims , Handy Man Crafty Woman and A Savory Feast *