Tuesday, May 26, 2015

5 Tips for a Healthy Day

Hey guys! Being healthy is so important for your body, but we all knew that didn't we? So why is it so hard to stick to a healthy lifestyle? I've been struggling with trying to live healthy for the past few years. I have a love/hate relationship with chips and sweets that is very hard for me to break. Part of the reason I started this blog was to help me keep accountable for eating healthy and working out. And so far it's working great! I love writing a blog and it's so fun to update you all on my progress and to share some tips I've learned over the past years.

Here are some tips I go by when I'm trying to start getting on track with being healthy.



1. Drink Water
I know, I know... you hear this everywhere! But it's so true! I don't always drink the recommended 8 glasses of water a day but I do the best I can. It helps cleanse your system, keep your skin fresh and moisturized and helps keep you feeling more full throughout the day! So get that water bottle and start chugging! My tip to make sure your drinking your water daily is to buy a cute water bottle and carry it with you wherever you go, work, school, shopping, you name it!


2. Get That Workout In!
Another no brainier for a healthy day. Make sure you get some sort of workout in. Best time to workout is in the morning. Plus, if you do it first thing in the morning when you wake up, you wont have time to make excuses and once you're done you wont have to think about working out anymore for the day. I love getting straight out of bed, putting on my workout clothes and hitting the play button on my 21 day fix. I don't have time to make excuses for not working out and I feel so refreshed and awake once I'm done.


3. Take your Vitamins
It's important to take some sort of vitamin. A multi-vitamin works great! You can also add in little extras like more iron or some biotin depending on what your body needs.

4. Sneak in Those Veggies and Fruits
Make sure you are eating a couple servings of each per day. Fruits can have a lot of sugar in them but it's a natural sugar and so much better for you than the sugar in juices. If you're not a fan of vegetables, try sneaking them into your meals by chopping them up real small. You will learn to love vegetables over time, you just have to find which ones you like!

5. Bring Your Lunch, No Fast Food
The final tip I have for you today is don't eat fast food! Make sure you're either going home for you're lunch or you bring a lunch. Same with dinner, make something at home. Yes, fast food may be very tasty but it's very bad for you. I'm sure you knew that but if you break your habits now, in a weeks time you wont be craving those yummy grease filled french fries or burger.

I hope these few tips will help you start your day out right. Make little changes each week to change your lifestyle to a healthier and happier life.

XOXO
Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment