Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Starting The 21 Day Fix

So here I am, it's supposed to be week 2 of the 21 day fix. I should be starting to get into a routine with the workouts and eating healthier should be getting easier. What's happening instead? I am starting all over with week 1 this week.

I hate to admit defeat, but I messed up my 1st week. I had a rough week personally with sick babies and some personal things and I used it as an excuse to eat horrible. I had fast food, sweets and just didn't eat good at all. I just kept feeling bad for myself and didn't give a crap what I ate. Horrible attitude to have!


So today, I am starting over fresh. A fresh attitude, a fresh fitness start and a fresh start to eating healthy. I have also decided to start my blog back up. So it was a blessing in disguise because no I can start blogging about this from day one.

Haven't heard of the 21 Day Fix? Have you been hiding under a rock for the last few years? Just kidding... sort of. In case you don't really know the details about this fitness program I will give them to you!

The 21 day fix is a 21 day fitness and lifestyle changing program. You are provided with portion control cups to help you eat the right amounts of food you should eat each day. It will come with a guide to show you what foods fit into each cup color and how much you should be eating for your height and weight to be able to lose or maintain your weight. It also comes with a workout plan. The best part about the workouts? They are 30 minutes long. That's it! It's perfect for moms , like myself, who don't have much time to work out each day. They focus on the whole body and there is even some  yoga thrown in there for some stretching at the end of the week.

They say it takes 21 days to make a habit. That's what this program does. It's not a fad diet, or a lose weight fast scam. It is a lifestyle change. You will see results if you stick to the program and commit for 21 days.
And that's what I am going to do. I am going to stick to this 21 days and form new habits to be healthy.

As for day 1 of week 1? it's gone good! I started my day off with my chocolate Shakeology for breakfast. That filled me up until lunch time which is one of my favorite things about Shakeo! For lunch I had a salad with tomato and onion in it and a little bit of chicken. I used a small amount of ranch dressing and it was pretty good. For a snack I had some fruit, strawberries and kiwis! Dinner was the best part, I saved my carb containers for dinner so that I could have my full baked potato. We also had Filet Mignon and grilled vegetables.

I fit my workout in after dinner settled and I was sweating like crazy after those 30 minutes!

All in all I would say day 1 was a huge success! Now I just have to keep this momentum up for the next 20 days and once I form the habit of being healthy it will stick and I will make sure of it.I will update you all weekly with how it is going!

Thanks for reading! XOXO
Becca


*Linking up at www.thedwellingtree.com
 
Let's Be Friends

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Investing yourself and fitness is the best way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, especially now that I'm done having kids I'm ready to focus on me more and making myself better.

      Delete