Sunday, December 01, 2013

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

This past week my husband, Bryan, and I took our boys to go see Santa. Our oldest, Bryan (nicknamed Bubby to help with the confusion of two Bryan's in the house), had met Santa last Christmas for the first time and did a great job! Our youngest, Colton, was about to meet Santa for the first time.


We went to a nearby mall up in New York. When we got to the mall we headed straight for Santa, but of course as soon as we walked up to where they were doing the pictures he was getting ready to go take a 45 minute lunch break.

So while Santa was eating we figured we would go eat dinner to pass the time until he came back. We went to a Friendly's restaurant that was in the mall. I had never been to a Friendly's and I was excited to try it. However, by the time we were done eating I was not very excited anymore. I thought that food was pretty over priced for what you got but at least I can finally say I ate there!


Anyways, back to Santa we went. We walked straight in, no lines. The first thing they wanted us to do was take a family picture that we could purchase if we wanted to but didn't have to. I was pretty excited about that because we had yet to get a family picture of the four of us.

Besides being able to see the mall balcony in the background it didn't turn out to bad! :-)

Now it was time to see the big man himself, Santa! Bubby was acting pretty shy, but he wasn't scared. I put Bubby in his lap but he didn't want to do that so instead they handed him a big candy cane and had him stand next to Santa.

My husband put Colton in Santa's lap, and he did great! Until about 45 seconds had passed and then he started crying. What a trooper though!


Overall, the kids did great! I love this time of year, especially now that we have kids. We are pretty much done with our Christmas shopping for the boys and I can't wait till they get to open them all on Christmas morning.

Hope you all are having a great day! Happy Holidays!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment