Friday, June 06, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up: Toddler Lunches, Online shopping, and Potty Training

Hey guys! We had a pretty uneventful week. I wanted to stay home as much as possible this week to get my 3 year old fully potty trained. He's doing good! We did have an incident yesterday however that I'd like to share.

Gross Child Story of the day

WARNING: Don't read this next part if your sitting down getting ready to eat your delicious salad for lunch (mmmm salad sounds good, I think I'll have one for my lunch today) , it involves toddler poop, you have been warned!

Potty training has been going great! From the peeing to pooping in the potty. He has had a few accidents here and there but for the most part he's doing great and I couldn't be prouder!

Yesterday afternoon, Bryan was playing behind my chair. He walks, or should I say waddled, up to me holding his butt.

Bryan: "Mommy, I pooped!"
Me: "You pooped? In your underwear?!"
Bryan: "Yeah!" Mind you, this whole time he has this grin on his face like he's extremely proud of what he just did.



So we get up and go to the bathroom to clean him up and see if he has to go potty anymore. After I put a fresh pair of underwear on him he looks at me and says "Mommy, Superman underwear gross! Yuck!" He was wearing Superman underwear when the "incident" happened. Hoping that means he realized it was gross to poop in your underwear and he will let me know next time when he feels the urge to sit on the potty with a newspaper.

Here's the little stinker posing for the camera. 

Toddler Lunches

I'm always trying to change up the boys lunches and give them something new each day. Who wants to eat chicken nuggets day after day? Here is some of the lunches they had this week


 Bryan (3 years old) had a turkey sandwich with mustard, Doritos and strawberries.


Colton (1 year old) also had a turkey sandwich with mustard but cut into small pieces, puffs and strawberries. 



Bryan's lunch... I know I know, I said I like to change up their lunches but here they are having turkey sandwiches again. This time with watermelon, mini tomatoes and some multi grain Owl shaped crackers. 



Same thing for Colton.




This was left overs from dinner. Recipe for this chicken will be up on Tuesday! This plate is Bryan's. Chicken fingers, broccoli, and french fries.


Colton's was the same as well.










Online Shopping
Whoever created online shopping was a genius! It's perfect for moms! Sometimes it's just too much of a pain to get the boys loaded into the car, drive to the shops, unload, put them into the stroller, put Colton's shoes back on, buckle both boys up or let Bryan walk, chase Bryan because he got distracted by a toy, put Colton's shoes back on again, and then try to look around at everything while this keeps repeating.

I am a sucker for websites that have daily deals such as jane.com and Groop Dealz. They have such unique items that you wouldn't find at the store. Every day it's something new that is on sale. A huge bonus is that most of these items are cheap! I love a good deal. Luckily for my husband (and our bank account) I only buy small purchases such as a scarf for $3.00 or a bracelet for $5.00.

What are you favorite online shopping websites?

I hope you all have a great weekend and thanks for reading!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment