Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Tasty Tuesdays: Sausage Rotel Casserole

I would consider myself a picky eater. My husband loves to make fun of of me for it all of the time. I don't eat much with cheese , which eliminates a lot of meals for me to eat and make. Usually if i'm making a meal with cheese in it, I will make some of it without cheese for myself and the rest with cheese for my boys. I'm slowly coming out of my shell and trying more foods, who knew vegetables were so good?!






This recipe is one of my favorite, easy go to recipes. My friends and I created this recipe back when all of our husbands were deployed and we lived together. It has a nice spicy kick to it that makes it even more enjoyable. So let's get started!

Ingredients:
Pre-cooked smoked sausage
1 can Rotel
1 can Cream of  Celery
White Rice

1. First thing you want to do is start your rice. I use the Instant white rice, which only takes about 5-10 minutes. You just boil water and once it starts boiling you add rice to it, put the lid on, take it off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes... Easy!


2. Next, you will cut up your sausage. You can cut it any way you want, big or small pieces. It's all personal preference. I prefer smaller pieces so I cut mine in half and then into smaller pieces.




3. Once your sausage is cut up, throw it into a deep skillet and turn the heat onto medium low. Let the meat cook for a few minutes until all of the pieces are warmed up and they start browning a bit.



4. While your waiting for your sausage to cook up, open up your Cream of celery can and your Rotel can. Drain the juices out of the Rotel can.
5. Add the Cream of Celery and the Rotel to your sausage and mix it into the skillet.
6. Turn the mixture down to low and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
7. Once done, put rice in a bowl and add the mixture on top and your ready to eat! You can also add cheese to the top of this. Another option is to add black beans and the cheese and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.






No comments:

Post a Comment